Christian Fellowship Church is a Christ centred community dedicated to impacting Belfast, Ireland and the nations with the love of God in the power of the Holy Spirit. CFC is a group of people from all backgrounds who are walking in God’s grace and are on a journey of transformation with Him. We believe that God has called us to impact our city, our country and the nations with the love of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. This is the foundation for everything we do. We are passionate about seeing people growing in their relationship with God and to do this we meet together every Sunday to worship God and to experience a relevant and powerful message, which teaches truths from the Bible and also during the week to further develop and explore God’s truth for us and our world.
An emphasis on praise and worship
The centrality of prayer and the word of God
An obvious ministry of the Holy Spirit
A focus on body ministry and the priesthood of all believers
A heart for evangelism, reaching the lost and planting them into church
A world vision with involvement in overseas mission
A concern for the poor and disadvantaged and a desire for social justice
A prophetic voice to the nation, proclaiming anti-sectarian and non discriminatory Christianity
The unity of believers, regardless of Church affiliation
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
- The love, grace and sovereignty of god in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the old and new testament scriptures, which are the written word of God fully trustworthy for faith and conduct
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement
- The incarnation of God’s eternal son, the Lord Jesus Christ born of the virgin mary, truly divine and truly human, yet without sin
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruit of our resurrection his ascension to the father, and his reign and mediation as the only saviour of the world
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness
- The church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers given life by the spirit and endowed with the spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfill the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
The 1970’s were among the darkest days in the history of our nation. Yet across Northern Ireland God was raising up pockets of people calling them to pray, to cry out, to intercede, for His will to be done and His kingdom to come. Prayer groups became fellowship groups and in 1984, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, godly leaders and an amazing group of people, Christian Fellowship Church was born, seeking to provide a new expression of a life-giving, spirit-filled church that crossed the divide of denominations and religion. Having spent its fledgeling years meeting in various buildings and leisure centres, CFC purchased its site on the corner of the Holywood Road and Belmont Road in 1986.
With a big God we had a big vision to be a ‘Christ centred community dedicated to impacting Belfast, Ireland and the nations with the love of God in the power of the Holy Spirit.’ As we have pushed into that vision God has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams with the most amazing group of people who are CFC. In his mercy He has used us to see many come to faith, be disciplined and grow in their relationship with him.
We’ve had the privilege of starting new churches, being involved in overseas and home mission, connecting with other churches in Ireland and across the world. We’ve laughed, cried and done life with countless wonderful people. As an elder led church we have a group of men and women whose heart is to serve the church and bring direction and guidance to the CFC body. Over the years this team has been led by Peter Yarr, Paul Reid, Andrew McCourt, Richard Gardiner, Owen Crane and presently Andrew Gibson.
Connect Groups lie at the heart of the church where people come together regularly to share their lives and grow in their relationship with God. Today we have six sites - East Belfast, Antrim, Sign Language Community, South Belfast, Inner East Belfast and Holywood.
God has done amazing things in the lives of individuals and in CFC as a whole. We are grateful for the journey he has brought us on and excited about the future as we continue to help people find and follow Jesus and bring heaven to earth. We’d love you to journey with us…
Christian Fellowship Church is a Christ centred community dedicated to impacting Belfast, Ireland and the nations with the love of God in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Christian Fellowship Church (CFC) is registered as a charity with the Charity Commission of Northern Ireland: NIC101476
Christian Fellowship Church
10 Belmont Road