A Brief History of CFC
In the late 1970’s, during some of the darkest days in the history of Ireland, a group of young people started gathering to pray together and cry out to God on behalf of the city of Belfast and the nation.
Prayer groups became fellowship groups and in 1984 Christian Fellowship Church was born, seeking to provide a new expression of a life giving, spirit filled Church that crossed the divide of denominations and religion.
CFC laid down roots in Strandtown, East Belfast in 1985 and has since grown into a church straddling 3 sites – East Belfast, South Belfast and Antrim. We also have a thriving Sign Language Community that are very much part of the life of CFC.
Christian Fellowship Church is a Christ centred community dedicated to impacting Belfast, Ireland and the nations with the love of God in the power of the Holy Spirit.
CFC is a group of people from all backgrounds who are walking in God’s grace and are on a journey of transformation with Him.
We believe that God has called us to impact our city, our country and the nations with the love of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. This is the foundation for everything we do.
We are passionate about seeing people growing in their relationship with God and to do this we meet together every Sunday to worship God and to experience a relevant and powerful message, which teaches truths from the Bible and also during the week to further develop and explore God’s truth for us and our world.
- An emphasis on praise and worship
- The centrality of prayer and the word of God
- An obvious ministry of the Holy Spirit
- Relational Christianity
- A focus on body ministry and the priesthood of all believers
- A heart for evangelism, reaching the lost and planting them into church
- A world vision with involvement in overseas mission
- A concern for the poor and disadvantaged and a desire for social justice
- A prophetic voice to the nation, proclaiming anti-sectarian and non discriminatory Christianity
- The unity of believers, regardless of Church affiliation
We believe in
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God fully trustworthy for faith and conduct
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ born of the virgin Mary, truly divine and truly human, yet without sin
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruit of our resurrection his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.